Friday, October 9, 2020

SNOWFLAKE TUTORIAL ~ (Retired)

Snowflake Tutorial with the Snowflake Splendor Suite

from Stampin' Up!

I wanted to create a simple card for my first step-by-step tutorial. If you choose to make one purchase for creating your Christmas and Winter cards this year then this is the one! The suite includes 17 stamps, 6 of them being the most appropriate winter and holiday sentiments, 8 unique dies that have to be seen, a snowflake embossing folder, balmy blue glimmer paper that won't shed it's sparkle, the most delicious watercolour designer series paper, 1/4" iridescent ribbon and the sparkliest adhesive gems.


Here is your completed card with bling added and the stamped envelope to match.

Another option is setting the card landscape

Choose your designer series paper cut to measure 5 1/4" x 4"; I chose the paper with pool party snowflakes.

I wanted to add some more colour so I stamped some big and little snowflakes with balmy blue and pacific point ink. I Balmy Blue I stamped my sentiment. (I thought of it too late but the designer series paper would look even more spectacular embossed with the winter snow embossing folder included in the suite)

With the second to smallest square stitched die I die cut 2 squares and at the same time die cut a snowflake in each, then from the balmy blue glimmer paper I die cut 2 identical snowflakes.

To Assemble: Create a card base with a 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" piece of white cardstock folded in half to create an A2 card. Adhere your stamped designer series paper to the front of your card base spaced evenly. I centered my square die cuts down the center of my card leaving a space between the top and bottom square for my sentiment. I glued the snowflake that was diecut from glimmer paper into the space created in the die cut squares. Adhered my sentiment with dimensionals so as to raise it a bit from the snowflakes.

Supplies Required: As well as the ones below I should include; a sheet of thick whisper white cardstock 81/2" x 11" cut in half (#140272) 1/2 is used for the card base and the other half is used for the die cuts and sentiment, multipurpose liquid glue (#110755), Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430)

No comments:

Post a Comment